Last silkscreen project! For me, this one was mostly about experimenting with new inks, flocking, and attempting to print on something other than paper. I had fun with the flocking, even though it's pretty messy and gets everywhere. Flocking is a soft velvety finish that you can put on a print. When you buy it at a craft store it's a bag of soft fluffy stuff (really fine particles). I also tried using metallic ink for the first time. It's pretty much the same as normal ink, just need more passes to get a nice solid gold color.
silkscreened book with flocking
I also made a few prints of each of the designs, mostly as test prints to figure out what colors I would use, and placement of the different stencils. I think I like the prints better than the books.
....and some process pics. This first one is the jig I made out of foamcore to adjust for the height of each book (so the screen is flat and not floating in the air - floating not good). Hmm... I don't know why the photo is sideways...
Test prints for the blue-pink gradient before actually printing on the book. I wanted to make sure I got a nice blend of colors on the book.