Sunday, August 26, 2012

Last assignment from the New York trip class. This one was a lot of fun, we got to illustrate a New York character that we had seen on our travels through the city. The Pride Parade happened to be on the day we arrived in New York, so I went to check it out. Needless to say, lots of colourful characters to be seen there! I was pretty amazed at some of the costumes people wore, very extravagant. 

I decided to continue the playing card theme with this illustration (I'm thinking of expanding these pieces into a series, possibly a whole deck, we'll see). This character is based on a photo I took at the Pride Parade. This individual struck a pose and had a lot of attitude in their pose, so I tried to capture that in my illustration. 

linocut and digital


Black and white print from the linocut I carved.
linocut print

Colored in Photoshop.
linocut and digital


Look who I spied in the parade!


No comments: