Friday, February 03, 2017

Stegosaurus

Getting back into silkscreen these past couple weeks. I bought a silkscreen kit from Opus and have been trying it out at home. This is my first print. It works pretty good, I found the screen let through a lot of ink, not what I'm used to. Also my first time using Mask Ease, which is like a big sticker that you stick to your screen to physically block the ink and make the stencil.

This print is available on t-shirts from Threadless! 

Here are some process pics.

My sketch that I worked from, figuring out the layers on tissue paper first.

The first layer, stencil ready and ready to print. The yellow stuff is the Mask Ease, which you cut out your stencil from.

Print with two layers down. Homemade drying system.

Last layer, the black layer. This was a little tricky to cut out from the Mask Ease, because of the thin lines. But it worked out OK.

Completed print, hanging to dry.




No comments: