Saturday, March 22, 2008

more vancouver sketches

stanleypark01.jpg
pencil

sketching in Stanley Park. I biked around the outside of the park, it was beautiful! Took me a long time cuz I stopped to take pictures and/or draw.

stanleypark02.jpg
felt marker

stanleypark03.jpg
felt marker

swan01.jpg
pencil

This was sketched on one of the "back trails" that went by a lake in the park. There were a bunch of swans swimming there, and one of them came right up to where I was sitting and stayed there, like they were posing for me! It was pretty cool. Eventually it figured out that I didn't have any bread or food to give it, so it swam away.

swan02.jpg
pencil

swan03.jpg
pencil

swan04.jpg
pencil

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the sketches from your visit, sis. Especially the felt marker ones. I have to draw in pen sometimes just to make me get something down on paper. If I draw with pencil sometimes I am way too careful with my lines, drawing then erasing, drawing erasing. Ink makes the drawing feel much looser eh? good stuffs. more! more!

Unknown said...

thanks allison! that's encouraging. I almost didn't post some of the felt marker ones because they weren't "good enough", whatever that means. Yeah one of the reasons I like felt marker so much is it makes me commit to my drawing and it's not as easy to fix. I have to go with the mistakes and make them work. You can be loose with any medium, but ink is more immediate and finite. Real ink is really fun! (where you dip the pen nib or brush into black ink) You can be REALLy loose with that stuff.