Sunday, March 16, 2008

sketches from vancouver

here are a few sketches from my trip to the wonderful city of Vancouver. where it is warm and snow-free! hooray!

airport.jpg
ballpoint pen

waiting for the aeroplane.

boats.jpg
pencil

found a nice walkway in North Vancouver right by the seabus terminal. Actually on the BCIT campus.

celloist01.jpg
pencil crayon

a guy playing cello in the public market on Granville Island. I initally sat down at a table where I was in front of the guy and had a good view of the cello, and I was like, "cool, I can draw the curvy cello shape!" but then apparently somebody else was "sitting there" but they did not have their bum in a chair. But I moved anyway. Thus, you get "behind the cello dude" view.

celloist02.jpg
pencil crayon

changedirection.jpg
felt marker

drawn on the ferry to Victoria. Quote is from a book my sister was reading, "Nineteen Minutes" by Jodi Picoult.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

yay scketches! I used to go to the lonsdale quay with my uncle. We should hang out sometime :) I should be at the G Sunday if there is a G.