Sunday, November 08, 2009

final drawing project

This is one drawing from our final Drawing class project. The assignment was to pick an artist and try to copy the style (in technique and in the overall look of the drawing). So I crazily picked Shaun Tan, and was kicking myself halfway through. Grand total roughly ten hours drawing. Building up the tone took the longest.

Shaun Tan is one of my favorite illustrators. The particular picture I chose to draw from is from his book The Arrival. Gorgeous tonal pencil drawings. I would highly recommend checking it out if you have a chance.


pencil

The radiator in my living room was the reference for the radiator in the drawing. It looks pretty much the same (minus the weird pipes snaking up the wall).


detail



detail


Process pics. I've been trying to take photos throughout the drawing process on all my assignments. Process is emphasized a lot at Emily Carr.











No comments: