Sunday, November 08, 2009

life drawings

Here is a sampling of what I have been up to the past couple months. These drawings are from my Drawing class that I finished up at the end of October. We had a model almost every class, that was really nice.

These first three are some of the gesture drawings we did. We started off every model session with some gesture drawing. I like starting a session that way, it's like a warm up.






conte or charcoal


This is a still life I set up at home, cuz I missed that class. A few odds and ends from around the house.


charcoal

More model drawings. This one we were supposed to break the body up into shapes.


charcoal



charcoal


Light and shadow studies.


charcoal



charcoal


This one is supposed to be a skeletal structure study. This is the one I think I had the most frustrations with. Not a good drawing day.


charcoal

Contour study. This was a blind drawing. We weren't allowed to look at our paper while drawing the model. The object was to try to follow the outline of the body as closely as possible, all the nooks and crannies. It's kinda fun. I was surprised at how well it turned out.


felt marker

No comments: