Sunday, June 08, 2008

drip drip drip... goes the water

bathroomtaps.jpg
ink, felt marker, digital

larger image

did a sketch of the bathroom taps tonight, and then played around with the drawing by tracing it, and then further coloring/fixing mistakes in Photoshop. Mundane subject matter, but i like the look of the drawing.

i have such an exciting life, i draw bathroom stuff on sunday night. :P it's fun for me anyway!

here's some process drawings & pics:

step 1: pencil sketch
bath_drawing.jpg
pencil

step 2: trace over pencil sketch with ink (done on vellum paper so original sketch is not messed up)
bathtaps_ink.jpg
ink

larger image

step 3: trace over ink drawing with felt marker for shadows (again done on separate paper)
bathtaps_shadows.jpg
felt marker

step 4: combine ink and felt marker drawing in Photoshop. Colored in Photoshop.

photos:
bath_process001.jpg

bath_process01.jpg

bath_process02.jpg

bath_process03.jpg

bath_productshot.jpg
the lovely product placement shot. (I'm a convert to Faber-Cassel, thanks mom!)

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Sweet!

Unknown said...

thanks!

does it make you homesick? *jokes jokes* :D

Anonymous said...

Since I know nothing about the process of art, I find it fascinating when you post the actual journey of your art. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Haha, so you like the new pens better than the microns? I though it was time for a change. I haven't tried mine out yet.
I like the inked one best I think. :D
-allison

Unknown said...

thanks ladybug! I enjoy seeing other artist's processes as well, it's good for learning new techniques, or sparking ideas to try.

hey allison, yeah i like the ink one best too. You should try the Faber-Castell, it's verrrryy nice. It seems to draw inkier and blacker, if that makes any sense.